I am getting ready for my next trip to Awesomeness Fest (It will be in Costa Rica this year in October and is one of the highlights of my year) and came across the image below. I found this image a few months ago .. actually I sort of stumbled upon in a few days after my decision to find my Purpose in Life 🙂 … and it has helped me put things in perspective.
You will see a lot of people that really try to get out of the daily Matrix and YOU might be one of them. Have you had enough of the rat race, enough of traffic, enough of not spending time with your family, not seeing your kids participate in sport … JUST ENOUGH .. but you just do not know how to get out of it? Don’t worry, there is hope (LOTS of it) and the image below is the perfect guide.
FIRST OF ALL – stop seeing this as a negative. The fact that you feel like this means you want to do something about it and that is a GREAT START!
Below are some steps you can follow to get out of this “rut” that you feelyou are currently in. It’s not the be all and end all, but it has worked very well for me. These steps, together with the image above, will guide you to Your Purpose in Life. Sit back and ENJOY THE JOURNEY
Steps to follow for your Journey to Your Life’s Purpose:
- Know WHAT you want. You cannot achieve what you cannot measure. If you don’t know what you want, you cannot put plans in place to get there and you cannot measure how you are progressing. Seeing progress is key, even the smallest steps! Here is a tip: Write down 101 things you want to do in life.
- This is NOT a quick fix. This will take time and the sooner you accept this the better. The famous quote “It’s not a sprint, but a marathon” is the perfect quote for this journey. Accept it, embrace it and start the journey! To start is the most important step.
- Take it one day at a time. Know what you want to do to get closer to your Life’s Purpose and act on it DAILY. Smalls steps will do it and you will find you get more productive as you keep practicing this. Write down your Personal To-Do list every evening and go out the next day and ACHIEVE IT!
- Be Grateful for what you have. Start a gratitude journal and write down 5 things you are grateful for every evening. It will take you a few minutes, but will put you in a perfect frame of mind for rest. You will be amazed how you will feel by doing this for only 30 days … BUT be careful … you will ALSO be amazed at how quickly you can skip this easy daily task!
- Study the Image above and start building your own Purpose Guide. Draw 4 big circles and write the “Things you Love”, “Things you are good at”, “Things you can be paid for” and “What the world needs” in each circle. When it is in there you will quickly spot what your life’s purpose is, BUT you will also see what your Passion, Profession, Vocation and Mission in life is. It is important to know the difference.
- Know that the time will never “just be Perfect”, you have to ACT!!!!!! Taking action is the most important part of the process. Not knowing how things will work out is a given and not an excuse. I have NEVER met anyone that became successful by taking action and knowing exactly what the outcomes where going to be .. THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN. What does happen though is that your act, make mistakes, learn and then take BETTER ACTION … It’s a great cycle to be apart of 🙂
I don’t want to drag this out, but in summary just want to mention the following:
- Will this be perfect -> No
- Will this be achieved quickly -> Probably NOT
- Will it take time and commitment -> Definitely
- Will you have to change the way you do things -> O Yes!
- Will it be wort it -> Just read your 101 goals again and You Tell Me? 🙂
If you feel you might need a little more help and hand holding in Your Journey to your Life’s Purpose, feel free to check > Unlimited Abundance <, this program is designed to help people that are STUCK and I have been able to arrange a missive discount for GigaticAction followers for the next few days.
Also do not forget to leave me you comments and questions below .. I love to read and give feedback.